High School Start Date Postponed
August 30, 2016
Charlton Heston Academy Parents-
On behalf of the Charlton Heston Academy Community I want to thank all families for your support and contribution to four successful years. As we enter Year 5 we are excited to showcase the new high school facility addition. However, State Inspectors are unable to provide final approval for occupancy until the end of next week. Therefore, we will need to postpone the start of the school year for high school students (Grades 9-12) until Monday, September 12, 2016. All students in grades Kindergarten through 8 will start on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 as scheduled. I apologize for any inconvenience as this delay was unexpected. Nonetheless, all students can expect an even smoother start to the new school year, as the high school staff will have a few more days to prepare. We are considering the third week of school for the open house, and the final date and time will be released next week in a subsequent letter.
Below are a few additional updates for families as we enter the new school year:
• We are excited to welcome many new staff members to Team CHA. Please view the website for a full list of staff members, and look forward to meeting all staff in and around school and/or at the September Open House.
• Please review the uniform policy attached to this letter.
• Also, you should have received a letter in the recent past notifying parents that all students will be in school from 8am-4pm, which is a change from the dismissal time of 4:30 in previous years.
• Parents will receive phone calls yet this week to follow-up on enrollment paperwork, busing, and other individual needs.
• Please know that after the first week of school all parents are asked to allow their children to walk to classes themselves. Parents are welcomed to drop students off at the main entrance point.
The building and main office is open 8am-5pm the remainder of this week. As always, feel free to contact the main office at 989-632-3390, or my personal cell phone at 313-622-9173.
David Patterson, Superintendent